Although handling tunnels do not have to be present in the home cage to be effective, having a handling tunnel in the home cage increases recognition of a familiar safe site as well as providing cage enrichment.
The elevated handling tube promotes natural climbing and investigation behaviours of mice. It will also provide a safe retreat for mice and a raised platform in the unlikely event of cage flooding.
Registered Design EU UK No 004537777-0001 US Patent No: USD913603S
- Clips onto any standard cage bars
- Bidirectional fitting
- Made from 3mm thick clear polycarbonate
- High-grade polycarbonate
- Injection moulded for smoother edges
- 50mm inside diameter
- Reduces handling anxiety and stress
- Makes animal observations easier
- Minimal physical contact required
- Autoclavable at 121ºC and cagewasher safe
Recommended by NC3Rs How to Pick up a Mouse